[HTTPS-E Rulesets] 105 new rulesets, + 2 updates (Microsoft, Adobe)

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Sat Jul 2 13:03:40 PDT 2011

Whizz Mo writes:

> Please see attached .tar.gz file containing 107 xml files.
>
> Updated rules:
>
>    - Microsoft - included blogs.technet.com, connect.microsoft.com
>    - Adobe - included blogs.adobe.com
>
> New Rules:
>
>    - 105 files, various sites.

Could I get you to look these over again and resubmit them?  I ran
into several problems with these rules:

- ruleset filenames should start with a capital letter, but most of
  these don't
- the from rule should always contain a slash after the hostname,
  e.g. <rule from="^http://www\.example\.com/" ... /> and not
  <rule from="^http://www\.example\.com" ... />
- the to rule should likewise always contain a slash after the
  hostname, e.g.
  <rule ... to="http://www.example.com/" /> and not
  <rule ... to="http://www.example.com" />
- these rules seemed to duplicate or overlap with nine existing rules,
  not two, and they are not always strict improvements on the existing
  rules' coverage (e.g., the new Adobe rule adds http://blogs.adobe.com/
  but removes http://adobe.com/).

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen at eff.org>