[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Fwd: https-everywhere does not work with blog.eventbrite.com

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Mon Dec 5 11:36:17 PST 2011

Redirecting to the https-everywhere-rules list.

----- Forwarded message from "Kenneth H. Lee" <kennethhlee1635 at gmail.com> -----

Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 17:47:33 -0500
From: "Kenneth H. Lee" <kennethhlee1635 at gmail.com>
To: https-everywhere at eff.org
Subject: https-everywhere does not work with blog.eventbrite.com

I was trying to access pages at blog.eventbrite.com and was receiving
the following error

The connection has timed out
The server at blog.eventbrite.com is taking too long to respond.

Not knowing what was causing the problem I disabled all add-ons in
Firefox and reenabled them one at a time until I found out that
https-everywhere was that cause of my problem.  It would appear that
blog.eventbrite.com is not configured to use https

I've disabled the rule for eventbrite for now.

--

Regards,

*Ken*

*Kenneth H. Lee, CISSP, GCUX*

KENNETHHLEE1635 at GMAIL.COM

View Kenneth H. Lee's profile on LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/kennethhlee>

Co-founder Westchester Networking Organization (WNO)

http://wno.weebly.com/

----- End forwarded message -----

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Technology Projects Director      Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131