[HTTPS-E Rulesets] Wildcard confusion and data structure question

Adam Fisk a at bravenewsoftware.org
Thu Aug 11 16:04:03 PDT 2011

This makes perfect sense, Peter, and thanks for the timely response.

I'll again let people know more soon, but one interesting part of
integrating this into Lantern will be that Lantern runs as a local
HTTP proxy, so the rules will work on all browsers and ultimately all
OSes (just Windows and Mac for now unfortunately). Having those rule
sets as separate XML files is really invaluable for creating a common
language. Lantern is primarily a censorship circumvention tool, but
being able to channel as much traffic as possible through HTTPS has
become a vital part of its architecture.

Thanks again.

-Adam