[HTTPS-E Rulesets] rules for torrentfreak, securityweek.

Andreas Jonsson andreas at romab.com
Tue Apr 5 07:22:39 PDT 2011

On 2011-04-05 15.35, Osama Khalid wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 01:15:10PM +0200, Andreas Jonsson wrote:
>> You want the files to be renamed to TorrentFreak.xml|SecurityWeek.xml,
>> or do you want the ruleset name to be TorrentFreak? Or perhaps both?
>
> Well, I didn't notice that the ruleset names included '.com'. I think
> both of them shouldn't have '.com'.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --Osama Khalid

This will probably lead into problems as the ruleset list is growing.
For instance, the rules:
IDG.com.au.xml
IDG.se.xml

Would then have to merge, which might be OK. While they are individual
entities, they do have the same parent company (but if we group after
parent company, then CIO.com.au would also go into this rule).

Problems would instead arise when adding desirable domainnames with
different TLDs. An example would be iis.se and iis.es. These two
entities have nothing to do with each other, but would still end up in
the same ruleset. The same problem occurs with st.org(labor union)
st.com (micro electronics)

Simply going by title (in the ruleset name) wouldn't be that desirable
either, "iis" instead of "iis.(se|es|??)". Which iis? (but OTOH, we
don't want separate rulesets for google.(com|fr|uk|??) etc.

Unless some other approach is taken, we will probably have to start
finding applicable ruleset file names by using grep -i.

Perhaps this warrants further discussion?

Anyways.
I'll rename the files.

/a