[DSA-Alliance] Welcome back! Next meeting of the DSA human rights alliance & brief update on next steps

Eliška Pírková eliska at accessnow.org
Wed Sep 15 08:18:33 PDT 2021

Dear all,

Many thanks for indicating your availability. Due to the fact that the
majority of members are unable to participate in the meeting this Thursday,
we decided to postpone till next week. This time, we would like to kindly
ask you to fill *the Doodle poll <https://doodle.com/poll/byzpv9vrf6fw5r8c>
by this Friday, 17 September, noon (i.e. noon in your respective timezone)*.

When suggesting time slots for the upcoming meeting, we did our best to
accommodate all time zones. While we understand that for some of you,
timing of meetings may fall outside your working hours, we have a limited
flexibility in that regard. However, as an alternative solution, we would
like to propose *separate one on one meetings with those of you* who won't
be able to attend alliance's meetings on a regular basis. If you are
interested in this alternative, please do not hesitate to reach out to me
and Christoph and we will look together for suitable time and date of
individual check-ins.

As for the upcoming meeting next week, we would like to continue discussing
the following issues:

   - *joint statement of the DSA human right alliance *
   - We are progressing with the draft and should be able to share its
      preliminary version *by this Friday*. At the beginning of next week,
      our colleagues from communication and advocacy teams will review
and polish
      the draft. Prior to the meeting, you will receive a more 'readable' and
      edited version. However, we would appreciate, if you start reviewing the
      substance at your earliest convenience.
      - EFF and AN advocacy teams will be working on joint tweets and press
      outreach in order to increase the statement's visibility. Details of how
      each organisation can support us in this process will be discussed during
      the meeting.
      - *first series of joint meetings with relevant Members of the
   European Parliament and the European Commission (DG CONNECT) *
   - If we have the green light from all members, we would like to kick
      them off already in October.
      - *potential public event organised by the DSA HR Alliance *
   - November 2021

Finally, we are aware of technical difficulties that some of you have
experienced with this mailing list (emails not being delivered or ending up
in your spam folder). Christoph is looking into it and we hope to find a
solution soon. In the meantime, I will reach out separately to those that
reported the issue to us in order to double-check that the email is
delivered on time.

We look forward to seeing you all (or as many as possible) next week!

Best wishes,

Christoph & Eliska

*Eliska Pirkova*
Europe Policy Analyst  and Global Freedom of Expression Lead
Access Now | https://www.accessnow.org
<https://www.accessnow.org/>

* Subscribe to the Access Now Express <https://www.accessnow.org/express>,
our weekly newsletter on digital rights
* Join the RightsCon <https://www.rightscon.org/> community - get updates
via the RightsCon Rundown <https://www.rightscon.org/rundown/>
* *Follow* our evolving programmatic response
<https://www.accessnow.org/issue/covid-19/> to COVID-19 around the world