[DSA-Alliance] Welcome back! Next meeting of the DSA human rights alliance & brief update on next steps

Eliška Pírková eliska at accessnow.org
Tue Sep 7 11:54:42 PDT 2021

Dear members of the DSA human rights alliance,

We hope that you had a great summer.

We would like to thank all organisations that kindly contributed to our
mini consultation
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WvMHUQ2aHSW7UO3vw_7wTuPkwJPwoG7Po1n-3R4cKGQ/edit>
in August.

We have reviewed your excellent feedback and are currently in the process
of drafting *the first joint statement that we would like to deliver to the
European parliament on behalf of the alliance. *Given that the DSA debate
in Brussels is progressing very fast, *we would like to invite you to the
next call with the aim to discuss*:

   - *the joint statement* and the main outcomes obtained from received
   feedback thus far *[we will share the draft prior to the meeting via
   this mailing list]*;
   - remaining issues flagged by members of the alliance in their feedback
   and how to address them;
   - future activities of the alliance, including meetings with the
   European Commission and Members of the European Parliament.

The next meeting should take place* next Thursday,* *16 September 2021 at
7PM CEST*.* Please, let us know by responding to this email whether the
proposed date and time are convenient for you - not later than this Friday,
10 September 2021 COB*. In case the majority of members are unable to join
the meeting next Thursday, we will look for a more suitable date with the
help of a Doodle poll.

Have a nice rest of the week. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes,
Christoph & Eliska

*Eliska Pirkova*
Europe Policy Analyst  and Global Freedom of Expression Lead
Access Now | https://www.accessnow.org
<https://www.accessnow.org/>

* Subscribe to the Access Now Express <https://www.accessnow.org/express>,
our weekly newsletter on digital rights
* Join the RightsCon <https://www.rightscon.org/> community - get updates
via the RightsCon Rundown <https://www.rightscon.org/rundown/>
* *Follow* our evolving programmatic response
<https://www.accessnow.org/issue/covid-19/> to COVID-19 around the world