[DSA-Alliance] DSA human rights alliance - Joint statement update

Filip Lukas filip at accessnow.org
Thu Oct 14 08:32:23 PDT 2021

Dear members,

I would like to update you on the developments around the joint statement
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z0tTtzfSzCBJXBB3bdaDynS5NBxbbyspyfHdpaXRoZM/edit#heading=h.tu9s0empw15o>
of the Alliance.

We have already acquired signatures from 8 organizations, for which we
would like to express our gratitude. However, other organizations
potentially willing to sign on to the statement voiced a need for more time
to discuss the matter internally. In addition, given the political
sensitivity of the statement for some members of the alliance, we have not
yet been able to gather a more geographically equitable composition of
signatories. We have therefore decided to postpone the publication of the
joint statement until next week. We hope you understand our decision and
continue to support the cause.

Should you have any questions do not hesitate to contact Eliska, Christoph
or me.

With best regards

Filip

*Filip Lukas*
Platform and Content Governance Policy Intern
Access Now | https://www.accessnow.org
<https://www.accessnow.org/>

* Subscribe to the Access Now Express <https://www.accessnow.org/express>,
our weekly newsletter on digital rights
* Join the RightsCon <https://www.rightscon.org/> community - get updates
via the RightsCon Rundown <https://www.rightscon.org/rundown/>
* *Follow* our evolving programmatic response
<https://www.accessnow.org/issue/covid-19/> to COVID-19 around the world