[DC-Trade] Welcome and an outline of the DC's work

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Mon Mar 13 02:29:48 PDT 2017

On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 09:02:52 +0100
Michael Oghia <mike.oghia at gmail.com> wrote:

> This for this Jeremy. The one addition I have is about the second
> item. Indeed, TPP might be dead, but now TISA is also on the horizon:
> http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/02/10/tpp-is-not-dead-its-now-called-the-trade-in-services-agreement/

FWIW... at last week's meeting of the (Swiss) alliance against TTIP,
TiSA & co, it was shared that a Swiss member of parliament had recently
asked the Swiss government for an update on TiSA, and was given the
answer that further TiSA negotiations are "postponed indefinitely". I
suppose that in this case "indefinitely" means something like "until
the Trump administration has made their mind up on whether they want to
pursue TiSA further or not".

Greetings,
Norbert