[DC-Trade] New IGF Dynamic Coalition on Trade and the Internet

Maryant Fernández maryant.fernandez-perez at edri.org
Fri Feb 17 10:13:46 PST 2017

Dear Jeremy,
Dear all,

Thank you very much for putting this together; for your efforts and
energy on this!

I like the proposals. I just have two comments regarding

- the need for the dynamic coalition: building on the Open digital trade
coalition experience, it'd probably be better if we only covered the
process, not concrete public policy issues.
I don't see any rough consensus among stakeholders regarding most of the
internet governance issues identified.

- the action plan for 2017:
* "identifying the key internet governance issues that are the subject
of such agreements and negotiations" => describing them in a neutral way
is ok (e.g. network neutrality is covered in some trade agreements, such
as x, y, z). However, we should clarify that there will not be an
assessment of/analysis of/recomendations on those issues. We should
concentrate our efforts on the second bullet point (the process). Here,
there is a lot of work to be done.

I'm looking forward to working together with all of you.

Best,
Maryant

--
Maryant Fernández Pérez
Senior Policy Advisor

Tel: +32 2 274 25 70
PGP: D59A 1D3F 50CC 231B DCFE 3F2C 92FA 6F29 3D74 0B42

Subscribe to the EDRi-gram, our fortnightly roundup of digital rights
news! http://edri.org/newsletters/