[DC-Trade] URGENT Re: initial endorsements for Open Letter on Civil Society Rights

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Wed Dec 13 00:57:24 PST 2017

On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 16:20:59 -0800
Jeremy Malcolm <jmalcolm at eff.org> wrote:

> This letter has now been finalized, and you are invited to endorse it
> if you agree with what it says.  You can find the endorsement page
> here:
>
> https://bestbits.net/wto-ministerial-2017/?brand=none

I'm going to send this TODAY with a first bunch of endorsements (it'll
be kept open for further endorsements to be communicated sometime early
2018, precise date not decided yet - I am quite aware that depending on
an organization's precise set-up and circumstances, making an
endorsement decision can take significant time).

Just for TODAY, I request that when making an endorsement, you also
send me a quick email to let me know about it, so that I can make sure
that as many as possible are included when I send the letter with the
initial bunch of endorsements.

I'll probably send the letter (with the first bunch of endorsements)
early afternoon UTC, definitely not before noon UTC (which is 1pm CET
and 9am in Buenos Aires). The tradeoff is between sending later so that
there will be more endorsements by the time that the letter is sent, and
sending earlier to have a better chance of getting attention from
journalists.

Greetings,
Norbert