[DC-Trade] IGF workshop proposal: Engaging with the E-commerce Trade Agenda

susan aaronson saaronson2 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 7 06:52:32 PDT 2017

I'd like to be a part of this. Writing on digital protectionism now.

On 4/7/2017 3:53 AM, William Drake wrote:
> Hi Jeremy
>
> Thanks as always for your work in keeping us moving.
>
>> On Apr 6, 2017, at 02:11, Jeremy Malcolm <jmalcolm at eff.org
>> <mailto:jmalcolm at eff.org>> wrote:
>>
>> I am seeking expressions of interest from those who would like to
>> jointly organize this workshop or to participate in some role (eg. as
>> panelist, local or remote moderator, or rapporteur).
>
> I am interested
>
>> I would also welcome comments and suggestions on the description.
>
> I think it’s fine.  You might consider hedging a little by replacing
> "It is considered more likely than ever before that the Ministerial
> Conference will approve ...” with “Key member states are advocating
> that...”, since we don't know how the complex geometry of
> (dis)agreement will play out in the months ahead.  Or you could leave
> it this way for now and revise later as needed if accepted, whatever.
>>
>> If others also have trade-related workshop proposals in preparation,
>> please also feel free to use this list to share them.
>
> I’ll be proposing a workshop on forced data localization and barriers
> to cross-border flows, along the lines of what I’m doing at EuroDIG
> and the WSIS Forum.
>
> Best
>
> Bill

> William J. Drake
> International Fellow & Lecturer
>   University of Zurich, Switzerland
> william.drake at uzh.ch <mailto:william.drake at uzh.ch> (direct),
> wjdrake at gmail.com <mailto:wjdrake at gmail.com> (lists),
> www.williamdrake.org <http://www.williamdrake.org>

Susan Ariel Aaronson, Ph.D.
Research Professor of International Affairs, Institute of International Economic Policy
GWU Cross Disciplinary Fellow and Cavalho Fellow, Government Accountability Project

Elliott School of International Affairs, George Washington University
http://www.gwu.edu/~elliott/faculty/aaronson.cfm

Please visit the Trade and the Internet Project Web site:
http://www.gwu.edu/~iiep/signatureinitiatives/governance/taig/

Please take my free course in digital trade and international Internet issues through ICANN:

http://learn.icann.org/courses/digital-trade-and-global-internet-governance?utm_campaign=purchase_notification&utm_medium=email&utm_source=student_mailer

The Trade, Trust, Transparency and Accountability page is: http://www.gwu.edu/~iiep/signatureinitiatives/governance/Trade_Trust_Transparency_Accountability/

For the Repression, Civil conflict, and Leadership Tenure Project:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/spp/research/conflict-repression

To see many of my publications go to:http://goo.gl/j9bdKY