[CSS-research] more 5G vulns

Soft Handover softhandoverconsulting at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 05:44:11 PDT 2019

This is their write-up for the BH talk:
https://i.blackhat.com/USA-19/Wednesday/us-19-Shaik-New-Vulnerabilities-In-5G-Networks-wp.pdf
For the paper you need ACM membership:
https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3319728

There used to be a PDF pre-print available before they presented at WiSec.
Very interesting paper indeed, though the paper is mainly analyzing the
issue in LTE and arguing it could be an issue as well in 5G. The BH talk
showed also only LTE analysis, but analyzed a bit more the potential impact
in 5G:
https://i.blackhat.com/USA-19/Wednesday/us-19-Shaik-New-Vulnerabilities-In-5G-Networks.pdf

I'll ping Ravi and ask him if it's ok to distribute the pdf pre-print (I
saved a copy). If so, I'll send along the pdf. He might actually be in this
mailing list already and he can do it himself, though :)