[Certbot-dev] Certbot 2.1.0 Release

Brad Warren bmw at eff.org
Wed Dec 7 08:03:37 PST 2022

Certbot 2.1.0 has just been released. The changelog for the release is:

## 2.1.0 - 2022-12-07

### Fixed

* Interfaces which plugins register themselves as implementing without inheriting from them now show up in `certbot plugins` output.
* `IPluginFactory`, `IPlugin`, `IAuthenticator` and `IInstaller` have been re-added to
  `certbot.interfaces`.
    - This is to fix compatibility with a number of third-party DNS plugins which may
      have started erroring with `AttributeError` in Certbot v2.0.0.
    - Plugin authors can find more information about Certbot 2.x compatibility
      [here](https://github.com/certbot/certbot/wiki/Certbot-v2.x-Plugin-Compatibility).
* A bug causing our certbot-apache tests to crash on some systems has been resolved.

More details about these changes can be found on our GitHub repo.