[Certbot-dev] Certbot 1.11.0 Release

Brad Warren bmw at eff.org
Tue Jan 5 12:18:47 PST 2021

We just released Certbot 1.11.0. The changelog entry for the release is:

## 1.11.0 - 2021-01-05

### Changed

* We deprecated support for Python 2 in Certbot and its ACME library.
  Support for Python 2 will be removed in the next planned release of Certbot.
* certbot-auto was deprecated on all systems. For more information about this
  change, see
  https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/certbot-auto-no-longer-works-on-debian-based-systems/139702/7.
* We deprecated support for Apache 2.2 in the certbot-apache plugin and it will
  be removed in a future release of Certbot.

### Fixed

* The Certbot snap no longer loads packages installed via `pip install --user`. This
  was unintended and DNS plugins should be installed via `snap` instead.
* `certbot-dns-google` would sometimes crash with HTTP 409/412 errors when used with very large zones. See [#6036](https://github.com/certbot/certbot/issues/6036).
* `certbot-dns-google` would sometimes crash with an HTTP 412 error if preexisting records had an unexpected TTL, i.e.: different than Certbot's default TTL for this plugin. See [#8551](https://github.com/certbot/certbot/issues/8551).

More details about these changes can be found on our GitHub repo.