[Certbot-dev] Certbot 1.12.0 Release

Erica Portnoy erica at eff.org
Tue Feb 2 12:50:29 PST 2021

We just released Certbot 1.12.0. The changelog entry for the release is:

### Changed
* The `--preferred-chain` flag now only checks the Issuer Common Name of the
   topmost (closest to the root) certificate in the chain, instead of
checking
   every certificate in the chain.
   See [#8577](https://github.com/certbot/certbot/issues/8577).
* Support for Python 2 has been removed.
* In previous releases, we caused certbot-auto to stop updating its Certbot
   installation. In this release, we are beginning to disable updates to the
   certbot-auto script itself. This release includes Amazon Linux users,
and all
   other systems that are not based on Debian or RHEL. We plan to make this
   change to the certbot-auto script for all users in the coming months.

### Fixed
* Fixed the apache component on openSUSE Tumbleweed which no longer provides
   an apache2ctl symlink and uses apachectl instead.
* Fixed a typo in `certbot/crypto_util.py` causing an error upon
attempting `secp521r1` key generation

More details about these changes can be found on our GitHub repo.