[Certbot-dev] Certbot 1.8.0 Release

Brad Warren bmw at eff.org
Tue Sep 8 12:22:39 PDT 2020

We just released Certbot 1.8.0. The changelog entry for the release is:

## 1.8.0 - 2020-09-08

### Added

* Added the ability to remove email and phone contact information from an account
  using `update_account --register-unsafely-without-email`

### Changed

* Support for Python 3.5 has been removed.

### Fixed

* The problem causing the Apache plugin in the Certbot snap on ARM systems to
  fail to load the Augeas library it depends on has been fixed.
* The `acme` library can now tell the ACME server to clear contact information by passing an empty
  `tuple` to the `contact` field of a `Registration` message.
* Fixed the `*** stack smashing detected ***` error in the Certbot snap on some systems.

More details about these changes can be found on our GitHub repo.