[Certbot-dev] Certbot 1.9.0 Release

Erica Portnoy erica at eff.org
Tue Oct 6 18:59:25 PDT 2020

We just released Certbot 1.9.0. The changelog entry for the release is:

### Added
* `--preconfigured-renewal` flag, for packager use only.
   See the [packaging guide](https://certbot.eff.org/docs/packaging.html).
### Changed
* certbot-auto was deprecated on all systems except for those based on
Debian or RHEL.
* Update the packaging instructions to promote usage of `python -m
pytest` to test Certbot
   instead of the deprecated `python setup.py test` setuptools approach.
* Reduced CLI logging when reloading nginx, if it is not running.
* Reduced CLI logging when handling some kinds of errors.
### Fixed
* Fixed `server_name` case-sensitivity in the nginx plugin.
* The minimum version of the `acme` library required by Certbot was
corrected.
   In the previous release, Certbot said it required `acme>=1.6.0` when it
   actually required `acme>=1.8.0` to properly support removing contact
   information from an ACME account.
* Upgraded the version of httplib2 used in our snaps and Docker images
to add
   support for proxy environment variables and fix the plugin for Google
Cloud
   DNS.

More details about these changes can be found on our GitHub repo.