[Certbot-dev] Certbot 1.7.0 Release

Erica Portnoy erica at eff.org
Tue Aug 4 12:38:10 PDT 2020

Certbot 1.7.0 has just been released. The changelog entry for the
release is:

## 1.7.0 - 2020-08-04

### Added

* Third-party plugins can be used without prefix (`plugin_name` instead
of `dist_name:plugin_name`):
   this concerns the plugin name, CLI flags, and keys in credential files.
   The prefixed form is still supported but is deprecated, and will be
removed in a future release.
* Added `--nginx-sleep-seconds` (default `1`) for environments where
nginx takes a long time to reload.

### Changed

* The Linode DNS plugin now waits 120 seconds for DNS propagation,
instead of 1200,
   due to https://www.linode.com/blog/linode/linode-turns-17/
* We deprecated support for Python 3.5 in Certbot and its ACME library.
   Support for Python 3.5 will be removed in the next major release of
Certbot.

More details about these changes can be found on our GitHub repo.