[Certbot-dev] Certbot 0.31.0 Release

Brad Warren bmw at eff.org
Thu Feb 7 15:10:06 PST 2019

Certbot 0.31.0 has just been released. The changelog for the release is:

## 0.31.0 - 2019-02-07

### Added

* Avoid reprocessing challenges that are already validated
  when a certificate is issued.
* Support for initiating (but not solving end-to-end) TLS-ALPN-01 challenges
  with the `acme` module.

### Changed

* Certbot's official Docker images are now based on Alpine Linux 3.9 rather
  than 3.7. The new version comes with OpenSSL 1.1.1.
* Lexicon-based DNS plugins are now fully compatible with Lexicon 3.x (support
  on 2.x branch is maintained).
* Apache plugin now attempts to configure all VirtualHosts matching requested
  domain name instead of only a single one when answering the HTTP-01 challenge.

### Fixed

* Fixed accessing josepy contents through acme.jose when the full acme.jose
  path is used.
* Clarify behavior for deleting certs as part of revocation.

Despite us having broken lockstep, we are continuing to release new versions of
all Certbot components during releases for the time being, however, the only
package with changes other than its version number was:

* acme
* certbot
* certbot-apache
* certbot-dns-cloudxns
* certbot-dns-dnsimple
* certbot-dns-dnsmadeeasy
* certbot-dns-gehirn
* certbot-dns-linode
* certbot-dns-luadns
* certbot-dns-nsone
* certbot-dns-ovh
* certbot-dns-sakuracloud

More details about these changes can be found on our GitHub repo.