[Certbot-dev] Certbot 0.33.0 Release

Erica Portnoy erica at eff.org
Wed Apr 3 14:06:31 PDT 2019

Certbot 0.33.0 has just been released. The changelog for the release is:

## 0.33.0 - 2019-04-03

### Added

* Fedora 29+ is now supported by certbot-auto. Since Python 2.x is on a
deprecation
  path in Fedora, certbot-auto will install and use Python 3.x on Fedora
29+.
* CLI flag `--http-port` has been added for Nginx plugin exclusively,
and replaces
  `--tls-sni-01-port`. It defines the HTTPS port the Nginx plugin will
use while
  setting up a new SSL vhost. By default the HTTPS port is 443.

### Changed

* Support for TLS-SNI-01 has been removed from all official Certbot plugins.
* Attributes related to the TLS-SNI-01 challenge in `acme.challenges`
and `acme.standalone`
  modules are deprecated and will be removed soon.
* CLI flags `--tls-sni-01-port` and `--tls-sni-01-address` are now
no-op, will
  generate a deprecation warning if used, and will be removed soon.
* Options `tls-sni` and `tls-sni-01` in `--preferred-challenges` flag
are now no-op,
  will generate a deprecation warning if used, and will be removed soon.
* CLI flag `--standalone-supported-challenges` has been removed.

### Fixed

* Certbot uses the Python library cryptography for OCSP when
cryptography>=2.5
  is installed. We fixed a bug in Certbot causing it to interpret
timestamps in
  the OCSP response as being in the local timezone rather than UTC.
* Issue causing the default CentOS 6 TLS configuration to ignore some of
the
  HTTPS VirtualHosts created by Certbot. mod_ssl loading is now moved to
main
  http.conf for this environment where possible.

Despite us having broken lockstep, we are continuing to release new
versions of
all Certbot components during releases for the time being, however, the only
package with changes other than its version number was:

* certbot
* certbot-apache
* certbot-nginx

More details about these changes can be found on our GitHub repo.