[Certbot-dev] Certbot 0.24.0 Release

Brad Warren bmw at eff.org
Wed May 2 07:11:29 PDT 2018

Version 0.24.0 of Certbot and its components have been uploaded to PyPI. The changelog for the release is:

## 0.24.0 - 2018-05-02

### Added

* certbot now has an enhance subcommand which allows you to configure security enhancements like HTTP to HTTPS redirects, OCSP stapling, and HSTS without reinstalling a certificate.
* certbot-dns-rfc2136 now allows the user to specify the port to use to reach the DNS server in its credentials file.
* acme now parses the wildcard field included in authorizations so it can be used by users of the library.

### Changed

* certbot-dns-route53 used to wait for each DNS update to propagate before sending the next one, but now it sends all updates before waiting which speeds up issuance for multiple domains dramatically.
* Certbot's official Docker images are now based on Alpine Linux 3.7 rather than 3.4 because 3.4 has reached its end-of-life.
* We've doubled the time Certbot will spend polling authorizations before timing out.
* The level of the message logged when Certbot is being used with non-standard paths warning that crontabs for renewal included in Certbot packages from OS package managers may not work has been reduced. This stops the message from being written to stderr every time `certbot renew` runs.

### Fixed

* certbot-auto now works with Python 3.6.

Despite us having broken lockstep, we are continuing to release new versions of all Certbot components during releases for the time being, however, the only packages with changes other than their version number were:

* acme
* certbot
* certbot-apache
* certbot-dns-digitalocean (only style improvements to tests)
* certbot-dns-rfc2136

More details about these changes can be found on our GitHub repo:
https://github.com/certbot/certbot/milestone/52?closed=1