[Certbot-dev] Certbot 0.23.0 Release

Brad Warren bmw at eff.org
Wed Apr 4 16:49:31 PDT 2018

Certbot 0.23.0 has been released. The changelog for the release is:

### Added

* Support for OpenResty was added to the Nginx plugin.

### Changed

* The timestamps in Certbot's logfiles now use the system's local time zone rather than UTC.
* Certbot's DNS plugins that use Lexicon now rely on Lexicon>=2.2.1 to be able to create and delete multiple TXT records on a single domain.
* certbot-dns-google's test suite now works without an internet connection.

### Fixed

* Removed a small window that if during which an error occurred, Certbot wouldn't clean up performed challenges.
* The parameters `default` and `ipv6only` are now removed from `listen` directives when creating a new server block in the Nginx plugin.
* `server_name` directives enclosed in quotation marks in Nginx are now properly supported.
* Resolved an issue preventing the Apache plugin from starting Apache when it's not currently running on RHEL and Gentoo based systems.

Despite us having broken lockstep, we are continuing to release new versions of all Certbot components during releases for the time being, however, the only packages with changes other than their version number were:

* certbot
* certbot-apache
* certbot-dns-cloudxns
* certbot-dns-dnsimple
* certbot-dns-dnsmadeeasy
* certbot-dns-google
* certbot-dns-luadns
* certbot-dns-nsone
* certbot-dns-rfc2136
* certbot-nginx

More details about these changes can be found on our GitHub repo:
https://github.com/certbot/certbot/milestone/50?closed=1