[Certbot-dev] Certbot 0.15.0 has been released

Brad Warren bmw at eff.org
Thu Jun 8 11:11:56 PDT 2017

The changelog for this release is:

### Added

* Plugins for performing DNS challenges for popular providers. Like the
Apache and Nginx plugins, these plugins are packaged separately and not
included in Certbot by default. So far, we have plugins for [Amazon
Route 53](https://pypi.python.org/pypi/certbot-dns-route53),
[Cloudflare](https://pypi.python.org/pypi/certbot-dns-cloudflare),
[DigitalOcean](https://pypi.python.org/pypi/certbot-dns-digitalocean),
and [Google Cloud](https://pypi.python.org/pypi/certbot-dns-google)
which all work on Python 2.6, 2.7, and 3.3+. Additionally, we have
plugins for
[CloudXNS](https://pypi.python.org/pypi/certbot-dns-cloudxns),
[DNSimple](https://pypi.python.org/pypi/certbot-dns-dnsimple),
[NS1](https://pypi.python.org/pypi/certbot-dns-nsone) which work on
Python 2.7 and 3.3+ (and not 2.6). Currently, there isn't a good way to
install these plugins when using `certbot-auto`, but that should change
soon.
* IPv6 support in the standalone plugin. When performing a challenge,
the standalone plugin automatically handles listening for IPv4/IPv6
traffic based on the configuration of your system.
* A mechanism for keeping your Apache and Nginx SSL/TLS configuration up
to date. When the Apache or Nginx plugins are used, they place SSL/TLS
configuration options in the root of Certbot's config directory
(`/etc/letsencrypt` by default). Now when a new version of these plugins
run on your system, they will automatically update the file to the
newest version if it is unmodified. If you manually modified the file,
Certbot will display a warning giving you a path to the updated file
which you can use as a reference to manually update your modified copy.
* `--http-01-address` and `--tls-sni-01-address` flags for controlling
the address Certbot listens on when using the standalone plugin.
* The command `certbot certificates` that lists certificates managed by
Certbot now performs additional validity checks to notify you if your
files have become corrupted.

### Changed

* Messages custom hooks print to `stdout` are now displayed by Certbot
when not running in `--quiet` mode.
* `jwk` and `alg` fields in JWS objects have been moved into the
protected header causing Certbot to more closely follow the latest
version of the ACME spec.

### Fixed

* A bug causing Certbot to display strange defaults in its help output
when using Python <= 2.7.4 has been fixed.
* Certbot now properly handles mixed case domain names found in custom CSRs.
* A number of poorly worded prompts and error messages.

### Removed

* Support for OpenSSL 1.0.0 in `certbot-auto` has been removed as we now
pin a newer version of `cryptography` which dropped support for this
version.

More details about these changes can be found on our GitHub repo:
https://github.com/certbot/certbot/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A0.15.0+is%3Aclosed