[Certbot-dev] [Letsencrypt-devel] Certbot in Debian Stretch

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Fri Nov 25 15:20:18 PST 2016

HL> The fix we put in place took about ten days to hit. It shouldn't have
HL> been broken longer than that; we didn't close the bug immediately,
HL> because we wanted the dependency to fix their versioning.

I do recall a long wait before an upload was announced, and then as you
say it took too long for it to hit.

I also recall that the last time I got a renewal mail and had to install
certbot to do the renewal that it worked.  Before that I had to use the
script on the web site instead of apt to get it working on at least
three machines, and I did each of them on a different week.  One of
those three was a renewal, two were new.  And even further back it
just worked.

At some point I had to remove all of the acme-related packages on a
couple of machines because they were blocking upgrades; once that was
done a fresh install would fail due to unmatched dependencies.

Beyond those details my memory of it is too fuzzy.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6