[CalFiber] Biden's announcement on broadband plan ($100 billion, focused on fiber)

Amina Fazlullah afazlullah at commonsense.org
Wed Mar 31 10:27:23 PDT 2021

FYI - here's what we sent out to press earlier

and here's the bit from our 3rd report that details "future proof"

*Availability* Closing the digital divide permanently will only succeed if
every household has a robust broadband connection. Policymakers should
modernize their infrastructure deployment efforts to help drive buildout of
robust “*futureproof*” networks in all underserved communities across
rural, tribal, suburban, and urban areas. Policymakers should ensure that
government funding is used to deploy broadband infrastructure that meets
current established needs (200/10 Mbps for distance learning) and is
capable of meeting future needs (capable of 100/100 Mbps) with little
investment to upgrade.