[CalFiber] Broadband, Health Information Exchange, and Telehealth--Financing Opportunities Conversation

Katie Heidorn katie at itup.org
Fri Mar 26 14:36:35 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

As I mentioned on the call this afternoon, I'd love to get folks together to do some information sharing around health information exchange and telehealth-the health policy community is looking at opportunities to access funding to implement their initiatives leveraging available federal broadband funding.

I'm also interested in a conversation about targeting Broadband funding to both low-income and areas with high numbers of racial/ethnic minorities impacted by COVID-those are folks in the health world who also need broadband to do telehealth and increase access to health care.

Could we do a call following our coalition call next Friday (4/2) on this topic? Or, if we don't have a call, maybe leverage that time from 2 - 3pm? If these times don't work, send me a note indicating your interest and availability for the next couple of weeks.

Here are the links that I provided in the Zoom Chat from today:

HIE--SB 371 (Caballero): https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=202120220SB371
HIE--AB 1131 (Wood): https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=202120220AB1131
Telehealth--AB 32 (Aguiar-Curry): https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=202120220AB32
ITUP 3/25 Health Information Exchange Policy Forum (See Slides 19 - 21): https://www.itup.org/events/itup-2021-policy-forums/

Thanks again,

Katie

Katie Heidorn
She/Her/Hers
Executive Director
Insure the Uninsured Project
katie at itup.org<mailto:katie at itup.org>
916-226-3899, Extension 402
[cid:image001.png at 01D7224D.63FE8610]<http://www.itup.org/>
Follow ITUP on social media!
[cid:image002.png at 01D7224D.63FE8610]<https://www.facebook.com/insuretheuninsuredproject/>[cid:image003.png at 01D7224D.63FE8610]<https://twitter.com/itup>[cid:image004.png at 01D7224D.63FE8610]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/1785850/>