[CalFiber] Fiber Broadband Association study on the capacity limits of Starlink

Ernesto Falcon ernesto at eff.org
Thu Mar 4 14:54:27 PST 2021

Other than more spectrum or more satellites, I am not sure there is another realistic way to have the kind of doubling of capacity in the satellite system to stay ahead of trends in consumption. We see that with cell towers now where its densification or more auctions. And the doubling of consumption every handful of years is a recorded trend that isn’t changed yet, so I don’t think the 20-30% estimate is bad assumption here on what to predict.