[CalFiber] Fiber Broadband Association study on the capacity limits of Starlink

Christopher Mitchell christopher at ilsr.org
Thu Mar 4 14:14:00 PST 2021

I mentioned this on the call I think some time ago... I don't think the
assumptions are very credible. It may be that Starlink will have problems,
but I don't think the Starlink folks expect to have the limitations that
this analysis assumes, like the max capacity per satellite.

I'm not taking a position on whether Starlink should be subsidized and I
damn sure hate the way it is subsidized today - it harms some rural folks
much more than others.

Christopher Mitchell
Director, Community Broadband Networks
Institute for Local Self-Reliance