[CalFiber] Sign on letter urging Congress to fully fund 21st century broadband for all

Ernesto Falcon ernesto at eff.org
Mon Jun 14 12:29:34 PDT 2021

Hey everyone,

This isn't a Sacramento focused, this is the DC side of the debate right now that is happening in parallel to California.

EFF and Fiber Broadband Association are circulating the following letter (attached) very widely for sign on in hopes of countering the efforts to reduce the effort to fully invest in ending the digital divide, lower the goals of what should be built to people, and not tackle affordability as part of the problem. Cable is overrepresented on Capitol Hill because they have a ton of lobbyists, so we need a means to convey a message from all walks of life to the Hill to counter their weight.

Please review the following sign on letter (attached) that makes it clear that we want Congress to go bold and truly commit to ending the digital divide with its infrastructure efforts this year. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Happy to answer any questions on the letter. Its main goal is to impact the infrastructure talks that are happening in the U.S. Senate right now.

Sign on link
https://forms.gle/vTPSdiDmhP1R6BNj9