[CalFiber] Notes from 2-26-2021 meeting

Christopher Mitchell christopher at ilsr.org
Sat Feb 27 14:52:11 PST 2021

What I've seen of public reviews, as well as private reviews from people
that know what they are doing, the service is quite good with minimal
downtime and needs less of a view of the sky than I certainly expected. The
speeds tend to blow DSL out of the water - often in excess of 100/15.

Agree with Steve that it is not a panacea, but I'm seeing too many people
writing off just how good it appears to be. It may well have trouble
scaling, but it has proved most of the nay-sayers wrong to date.

Christopher Mitchell
Director, Community Broadband Networks
Institute for Local Self-Reliance

MuniNetworks.org <http://www.muninetworks.org/>