[CalFiber] No meeting today- just keep plugging away at getting signers, we are 43 and counting

Ernesto Falcon ernesto at eff.org
Fri Sep 25 09:22:59 PDT 2020

Hey folks,

No new updates, so just keep plugging away at the letter. We are at 43
so far with Next Century Cities doing a parallel effort so I think we'll
clear 50 and signers have been coming on the last couple days, so I
think we should extend on signature gathering to COB Oct 2nd (Friday)
and plan to do a release by the following Monday. I'm going to do a
follow up ping to everyone with the current list of signers, which tends
to generate more signers (people like being part of a group).

Signers so far

Gigabit Libraries Network
San Francisco Tech Council
InnovateEDU
Canal Alliance
National Digital Inclusion Alliance
Schools, Health & Libraries Broadband (SHLB) Coalition
EraseTheRedline Inc.
Central Coast Broadband Consortium
Trueblood Strategy
Access Now
MediaJustice
The Greenlining Institute
School on Wheels
Founder Academy
Public Knowledge
MakeKnowledge
National Cristina Foundation
LA Tech4Good
Open Door Community Health Centers
Indivisible Sacramento
New America's Open Technology Institute
Monterey County Supervisor, District 1
Mayor, City of Soledad
Council Member City of Gonzales
County of Monterey
City of Watsonville
City of Gonzales, City Council Member
City of Greenfield
Modesto City Councilmember, District 2
City of Farmersville
King City Mayor Pro temp
Fight for the Future
OpenMedia
Peninsula Young Democrats
Town of Colma
Khan Academy
City of Watsonville
Intertie Inc.
Consumer Reports
great school choices
Oakland African American Chamber of Commerce
The Education Trust-West
Latino Community Foundation

Template below

EFF and Common Sense Media are circulating the attached letter now for
signers (sign on link at the bottom) to make that request. If your
organization has either national presence or is based in California, we
ask for your support by signing on. We need a critical mass to get this
done and I appreciate any help you can lend to this effort. We are
looking to submit the letter by September 28th.

If you have contacts with organizations in California that would have an
interest in joining this effort, please forward them this email and link
below for signers.

_*If your organization wishes to sign onto this letter, use the link
below*__*
*_

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NqE45myziH5xIuAJnBUX-GcunZGsiJxRsmugZycvztE/viewform?edit_requested=true

If your organization wants to do social media on this letter and effort,
please feel free to coordinate with our state activism lead Hayley
Tsukayama (hayleyt at eff.org). We have to make a steady drum beat of noise
to get the special session.