[CalFiber] Letter to Biden FCC Transition team on abolishing digital redlining - deadline COB Nov 23rd

Christopher Mitchell christopher at ilsr.org
Thu Nov 19 11:29:12 PST 2020

I do not like the idea of putting a lot of energy into a plan to force AT&T
to invest more in areas it does not want to serve. Given the amount of
effort it would take to win that, I would like that energy to result in a
win that wasn't that more people got to experience how shitty AT&T is. We
have done some unscientific surveys and may be getting one out that is
scientific on the question of whether people are just looking for the
fastest solution to getting broadband where it isn't or whether they are
willing to wait and have it cost more to do it right. I'm heartened at how
many more want to get it right. I think we need to respect that and build
better business models with the power of government rather than continuing
to let the power of government prop up the shittiest ones.

Christopher Mitchell
Director, Community Broadband Networks
Institute for Local Self-Reliance

MuniNetworks.org <http://www.muninetworks.org/>