[CalFiber] Question from a supporter

Stephen Blum steveblum at tellusventure.com
Mon Nov 16 15:15:59 PST 2020

When last we checked --a few months ago -- Comcast and Charter, and I think
AT&T and Frontier too, were publishing maps of open WiFi access points on
their websites. We tried to do a map of our own, but getting, verifying and
maintaining the data was too much work for what's largely a volunteer
organisation (i.e. Central Coast Broadband Consortium). School districts
and individual schools in our have been tracking third party access points
and putting up some of their own, but they're not generating general lists,
just tracking access where it's needed, particularly for disadvantaged
students.

And of course, when AT&T, Comcast and Charter redline neighborhoods,
there's always Taco Bell. At least the people who work there give a damn.

[image: taco_bell_broadband_original.png]

Steve Blum
Tellus Venture Associates
U.S. +1-831-582-0700
N.Z. +64-21-116-0002